To all students,
As you are aware the world is facing a major challenge in the form of the Covid-19 virus and the possibility of it spreading and infecting a large section of the population of Ireland. The government has announced this afternoon that all schools and colleges will close which comes into effect in the college today at 15.30pm. College Facilities will be closed as per this directive and learners will not be able to access any resources/facilities during this time.
Please see link to press release regarding school closures until 29 March.
The college has devised a contingency plan to ensure that teaching and learning can operate as normally as possible using e-learning and digital platforms. The principal elements of this contingency plan include:
- Classes to operate as per normal timetable remotely. Teachers timetabled at a specific time will deliver material using online platforms. Students can communicate via Moodle/email with any queries during these times. Assignments and course work should be accessed on Moodle and completed work be submitted for correction and feedback through these digital platforms.
- Please find below link to the Student Area where you can access relevant digital platforms:
- Your programme coordinator will act as a link in all cases and any concerns, queries or required guidance should be channeled to them in the first instance.
- It is imperative that learners are aware that all remaining assignments/coursework is completed as normal and any relevant queries are raised with cooperating teacher online. All deadlines and submission dates will remain the same and it is important that all work is forwarded to relevant teacher as per submission dates. PLC students should also follow instruction regarding preparation for final examinations as advised by teachers.
- For learners that are currently in receipt of learning support, this provision will continue through email and it is important that you actively use this resource as normal.
- Please also find attached a Moodle Guide for all FET Learners. If you have any issues accessing your Moodle or Email; can you please liaise with Joe Mc Eneaney or Ken Rea.
ITEC/QQI Exam Entry
It is also imperative that all college fees and Exam fees have been paid to ensure we can enter learners for assessment. If you have not done so, please see a link to the online application website where any outstanding payments can be made. All fees should be paid no later than the 20th March 2020.
Contacting Staff via Email:
We will provide any updates on our website under our Covid-19 Info section and I would ask that learners check in with this on a regular basis to keep abreast of any additional resources and college announcements.
Thank you for your support and cooperation with this very unusual and unforeseen event.