This course is aimed at learners who love the challenge of problem solving and helping people in practical ways in their daily occupation. The specialist programme will guide learners to work as an assistant in occupational therapy to support older, injured, ill or disabled patients manage everyday activities.
- Care Support
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Theory
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Human Growth & Development
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Work Experience
- Nursing Theory and Practice
- First Aid
All our Level 5 PLC courses are open to school leavers (Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied Students/A Levels/GCSE or equivalent), QQI Level 4 graduates and mature applicants. A QQI Level 5 award is a prerequisite to access a Level 6 programme.
Progression To Degrees
Graduates can progress to a variety of degree programmes including:
University of Ulster| Occupational Therapy | Level 8 (UCAS/HPAT Application)
Glasgow Caledonian University| Occupational Therapy | Level 8 (UCAS/HPAT Application)
DkIT/Sligo IT | Health Science and Physical Activity | Level 8
DkIT | General Nursing | Level 8
IT Carlow Sports Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy | Level 8
Athlone IT | Sports Science with Exercise Physiology | Level 8
TU Dublin | Sports Science & Health | Level 8
The course will allow successful candidates to seek employment in locations such as:
Occupational Therapist Assistant | Physiotherapy Assistant | Care Assistant in Nursing Homes or Hospitals | Activity Coordinator | Personal Assistant in Schools | Care Assistant in Disability Services | Homecare Assistant | Healthcare Assistant
Earn up to €32k as a Physiotherapy/ Occupational Therapist Assistant
2020-21 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.