This is a one year course designed for students wishing to pursue a career in all branches of Nursing. Successful graduates can progress to a Nursing degree both in Ireland and the UK. The course provides a solid foundation in Nursing theory and practice which also allows learners to progress into employment in the health and community care sector.
- Nursing Theory and Practice
- Care Provision and Practice
- Care Support
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Growth and Development
- Work Experience
- Safety and Health at Work
- First Aid
- Care of the Older Person
- Patient Handling
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
All our Level 5 PLC courses are open to school leavers (Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied Students/A Levels/GCSE or equivalent), QQI Level 4 graduates and mature applicants. A QQI Level 5 award is a prerequisite to access a Level 6 programme.
Progression To Degrees
UCD/TCD/DCU/DkIT/AIT | General Nursing | Level 8
UCD/TCD/DCU/DkIT | Midwifery | Level 8
UCD/TCD/DCU/DkIT | Psychiatric Nursing | Level 8
DkIT | Mental Health Nursing/Intellectual Disability Nursing | Level 8
DCU | Children’s and General Nursing (Integrated) | Level 8
UCAS | Various Nursing Degrees throughout the UK | Level 8
Graduates progress to employment in various areas including:
Healthcare Support l Community Care l Elderly Care l Community Care l Social Care l Disability Services l Assistants in Day Care Services
2021-22 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
Enquire About A Course