It is now a requirement that all staff working directly with children must hold a minimum of QQI Level 5 Major Award in Early Childhood Care and Education (or equivalent). Throughout the course, students will gain experience in the childcare sector through work experience and class participation. On completion, opportunities may arise to work in the public and private sectors with children aged 0-6 years.
- Early Care & Education Practice
- Child Development
- Child Health & Wellbeing
- Work Experience
- Early Childhood Education & Play
- Creative Arts for Early Childhood
- Children with Additional Needs
- Special Needs Assisting
- Occupational/Paediatric First Aid
All our Level 5 PLC courses are open to school leavers (Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied Students/A Levels/GCSE or equivalent), QQI Level 4 graduates and mature applicants. A QQI Level 5 award is a prerequisite to access a Level 6 programme.
Progression To Degrees
DkIT | Early Childhood Studies | Level 8
DkIT | Social Care | Level 8
NUI Galway | Early Childhood Studies and Practice | Level 8
TU Dublin | Early Childhood Care and Education | Level 8
DCU | Early Childhood Education | Level 8
DCU | Education and Training | Level 8
Graduates progress to employment in range of early education settings across the public and private sector
Childcare Assistant | Special Needs Assistant | Classroom Assistant | Early Years Educator | Preschool Assistant | Child minding | Afterschool Assistant | Montessori Teacher
2021-22 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
Enquire About A Course