Tourism is one of the main industries experiencing rapid growth in Ireland and graduates from this course will be well equipped to work in this fast paced sector. Many exciting opportunities await graduates, from becoming a cabin crew member to working in a travel agency or as a tour guide.
- Tourism Principles & Practice
- Tourism Information & Administration
- Work Experience
- Customer Service
- Reception & Frontline Office Skills
- Safety & Health at Work
- Cabin Crew Operations
- Word Processing
- Ready for Take Off
5M5011 QQI Level 5 Tourism with Business
IAOT Diploma in International Travel Industry Studies
All our Level 5 PLC courses are open to school leavers (Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied Students/A Levels/GCSE or equivalent), QQI Level 4 graduates and mature applicants. A QQI Level 5 award is a prerequisite to access a Level 6 programme.
Progression To Degrees
DkIT | Event Management| Level 7
GMIT| Hotel & Catering Management | Level 7
TU Dublin | Tourism Marketing | Level 8
NUI Galway | Arts (History) | Level 8
LYIT | Hospitality and Tourism | Level 7
WIT | Tourism Marketing | Level 8
Graduates progress to employment in various areas including:
Cabin Crew Member | Passenger Service Agent | Airport Security | Travel Agent | Tour Guide | Holiday Representative | Tourist Office | Reservations Agent | Hotel Receptionist
2021-22 Course Fees
Note - Some courses may require the learner to purchase relevant industry-specific material for their own use which may not be included in the list of course fees.
€30 of Enrolment Fees are Non-Refundable. All fees subject to change.
The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the PLC Government Levy:
- Medical Card/SUSI Grant/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from PLC Government Levy. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.
- Medical Card/Back to Education Allowance Holders may be exempted from QQI Exam Fees. Documentary Evidence must be presented immediately to avail of such exemptions.